Choosing the right battery switch for your boat generally comes down to the number of batteries and engines you have.
Most commonly recommended:
- Single Battery Single Engine boats will use one Blue Sea 6006 Battery Switch
- Two Battery Single Engine boats will use either a 6007 or 6011 Battery Switch
- Three Battery Twin Engine boats will use two 6011 Switches, or a 6010 and 6006 with ACRs
- A 6006 switch can also be used as a disconnect for high amp loads like a trolling motor or windlass
- One or more ACRs can also be used to automatically prioritize charging
See the wiring diagrams for each of our battery switches on the individual product pages to help determine the best system for your boat.
See our guide on how to wire a boat for more information on marine power distribution.
When in doubt, give us a call: (843) 297-8348