Backlit Rocker Switch – Windlass Power
This genuine Carling rocker switch labeled “Windlass Power” is manufactured by laser marking, NOT printing. Laser technology allows for a stunning backlight effect. It is a great upgrade to our popular Contura II style Acc rocker switch.
This switch is an ON-OFF – meant to turn the power on to a windlass system… not to actually raise and lower the anchor. For that switch try this windlass version.
This product is the ENTIRE SWITCH combo and includes both the switch body and the labeled cover. Find the laser-etched ACC switch cover sold separately here.
- Stunning readability in the dark
- Dual lamps – top backlight, bottom indicator light
- 4 illumination color options: warm white, cool white, blue or red
- Laser-etched – no ink to wear off
How Does the Backlighting Work?
- Laser marking the cover allows light to be visible only where we have marked
- Text and symbol markings illuminate – not the normal ink over a lens
- Top light is an externally triggered backlight – normally wired to the nav light circuit
- Bottom light is now the indicator. It lights when the switch is on
(read more about how our illuminated rocker switches work here)
Rocker Switch Tech Specs:
- Voltage Rating: 12Vdc
- Current Rating: 20A
- Circuit: SPST
- Position: ON-OFF
- Water Protection: IP68 (waterproof to >1m submersion)
- Terminal Count: 4
- Terminal Style: 0.250″ Quick Connect (spades)
- Body P/N: V1D1-B60B (warm white variant)
- Contact Life: 150,000 cycles
- Lamp Life: 10,000 hours (warm white variant, 100,000 hours red, blue, cool white)
Translation: An exceptionally high-quality rocker switch. Genuine Carling Technologies – no knock-offs. This switch will last in the harsh marine environment for years to come.
Download the full spec sheet here
How Our Switches Are Better:
- Genuine Carling switches – We’ll never try and pass off cheap Chinese knock-offs like some of our competitors. You’ve probably seen other sites list a switch as “fits carling”… that’s a red flag. All our switches are the genuine article. And like all cheaply made counterfeits, you CAN tell the difference.
- Night Illumination – Unlike printing, our laser marking technology allows stunning readability in the dark.
- Support – We know this product inside and out and are happy to help our customers. Need help wiring up one of our products, call us… seriously: (843) 297-8348
- Guarantee – While Carling does not offer a warranty, we’re so confident in the quality; that if your switch breaks within 2 years, you can return it for a free replacement!
Will It Fit?
This rocker switch will replace any Carling V-series or Contura style rocker switch. That includes Contura style switches sold by Carling, Sierra, Blue Sea Systems, Sea-Dog, etc. It uses an industry-standard 1.45″ x 0.83″ mounting hole.
Wiring Info & Wiring Diagram:
This rocker switch has 4 terminals on the back:
- 12V input – terminal 2
- 12V output – terminal 3
- negative source – terminal 7
- backlight trigger – terminal 8
A hard copy of the wiring diagram will be shipped with this switch. You can also find it in the product images above, or download a PDF wiring diagram here.